Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Paula and Mike Nelson




We had another busy month. Joseph is done with school for the summer break. He had a great last couple of weeks. They were filled with lots of field trips and an animal presentation. He and dad were able to go to the Children's Museum downtown. They rode on a long bus ride, better Mike than I did! They had a great time. He was also able to go to the Aurora Lake with the school. They did not stay long because it was cool and raining. Then we spent the afternoon at the park. I am not sure why they have school that week. Good times had by all. The last day he gave his presentation about salt water crocodiles. It was a power point presentation, impressive for a 2nd grader. I am sure he had a lot of help. He did great of course. Piano lessons are off for the month of July and he will start them up again in August with the new school year. Baseball is continuing to go really well. He is a great player and loves the game. He had a great game last week and got two hits and on base once. The girls are continuing ballet class and love it. Mike was off of work all last week and we enjoyed the time with him at home. He was able to buy his belated father's day gift which was a new desk and chair. He bought one of the ready to assemble ones it took him all of Friday to put it together. It is done though and it looks great. The new chair is comfortable and the kids love to twist in it when Mike is not looking. We also went downtown and toured the capital building to pass off one of Joseph's requirements for cubs. We took light rail down there and then got on the free bus that goes up and down the 16th Street Mall which is a huge outdoor mall in the heart of downtown. We got on the bus and then a man asked where we were from. I am sure he thought we were tourists. I said we were from Denver and have lived here for 9 years. We all got a good laugh. The capital was fun, but no air-conditioning in the building. By the time we got to the 4th floor I thought I was going to pass out from heat. Good thing I do not work there! I also got a new calling on Sunday. I am now the 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency. The kids love the change because they see me all the time. I have done it before so it will be a nice review! We love you all and miss you lots!

Love the Denver Nelson’s

No comments: