



Where to start?! I guess I will give a recap of most of the major events of our summer. I can’t believe it is over, the kids all go back to school tomorrow, August 31st. Time flies.
June was a fast month. It started out with Corbin getting his cast off. Then swimming lessons for the kids, a relay race in the Sawtooth mountains, camping, and a trip to Denver for Katherine’s funeral.
In July we had a Gibbons family reunion. Jeni then went to Montana for a week with Anna, Becca and Daniel to help out her sister, Lanae, who just recently had twins. People always ask us if twins run in the family, I guess they do now that we have twins on both sides of the family along with ours. While Jeni was in Montana I went on a high adventure activity with our YM. We went on a back packing trip in the Frank Church Wilderness area. It was a good time. We caught a lot of fish, and fresh wild trout is delicious. However the type of camping we did is not for the feint of heart or the Marriot campers. J There were no facilities where we went.
Later in July we went down to SLC for Michael’s wedding. This was a fun trip. Jeni and the kids stayed a few extra days to have fun with the cousins and then ended up bringing Chandler home. He stayed with us for a week and the kids all had a good time.
In August Corbin earned his Arrow of Light award for cub scouts, this is the highest award one can receive in cub scouts. He is now preparing to start boy scouts when he turns 11. Congratulations Corbin. We took the kids to a Boise Hawks baseball game after they earned tickets via the Library summer reading program. About a week ago I was playing basketball and twisted my knee after coming down from a lay up. Right now I am going through some PT in order to try and get recovered. I may have to have surgery since the doc says that I tore the ACL. I have learned to not take for granted such things like walking J.
Well we hope you are all doing well and have had an overall good summer. We enjoyed seeing all of you over the past couple of months and look forward to seeing you all again. Keep in touch.
Love,
Kenny and family
June was a fast month. It started out with Corbin getting his cast off. Then swimming lessons for the kids, a relay race in the Sawtooth mountains, camping, and a trip to Denver for Katherine’s funeral.
In July we had a Gibbons family reunion. Jeni then went to Montana for a week with Anna, Becca and Daniel to help out her sister, Lanae, who just recently had twins. People always ask us if twins run in the family, I guess they do now that we have twins on both sides of the family along with ours. While Jeni was in Montana I went on a high adventure activity with our YM. We went on a back packing trip in the Frank Church Wilderness area. It was a good time. We caught a lot of fish, and fresh wild trout is delicious. However the type of camping we did is not for the feint of heart or the Marriot campers. J There were no facilities where we went.
Later in July we went down to SLC for Michael’s wedding. This was a fun trip. Jeni and the kids stayed a few extra days to have fun with the cousins and then ended up bringing Chandler home. He stayed with us for a week and the kids all had a good time.
In August Corbin earned his Arrow of Light award for cub scouts, this is the highest award one can receive in cub scouts. He is now preparing to start boy scouts when he turns 11. Congratulations Corbin. We took the kids to a Boise Hawks baseball game after they earned tickets via the Library summer reading program. About a week ago I was playing basketball and twisted my knee after coming down from a lay up. Right now I am going through some PT in order to try and get recovered. I may have to have surgery since the doc says that I tore the ACL. I have learned to not take for granted such things like walking J.
Well we hope you are all doing well and have had an overall good summer. We enjoyed seeing all of you over the past couple of months and look forward to seeing you all again. Keep in touch.
Love,
Kenny and family



