Monday, September 29, 2008

Paula and Mike Nelson Family



September was a fun and busy month for our family as usual. Joseph has enjoyed being in school and has loved his after school reading program with his "tutor" as they work through these workbooks about reading. He is still taking piano and loves it. This week he is working on "Ode to Joy" which is two pages long. He is doing really well with it. It teaches him all three hand positions for "C". It teaches him the bass, middle and treble "C" position. So he moves all over the keyboard when playing. He is much better than I ever was. He does great. He is off track now beginning this week and will remain off track for three weeks. He will go back the week of Halloween. That is such a fun time of year, I am glad he is in school for that. It will be fun for the kids.

The girls are doing great. They have enjoyed going back to ballet class. I have signed them up for the next session already. I think that I will do this until they begin pre-school next fall. They seem to love it and do really good at it. They take it so seriously and try so hard. I really like their teacher, she is great and has three kids of her own, so she is really good with the kids. The class is small which I also like. All the kids are getting ready with their primary program parts. That is coming up after conference. We have a great music leader and the kids know the songs well. The girls are going to say thier names and then say "I am a child of God." I think they will do great.

Mike is keeping very busy with church, work, and school. He is still riding the light rail and bus almost every day to save on gas. He is driving the car to the light rail station which is about 5 miles and then riding the light rail and bus the rest of the way. He also rides the light rail to and from school. It seems to be working really well and he seems to like it. He says it is relaxing and he can study and read his scriptures while riding. Sounds nice to me. The only drawback is late on Monday night catching the train, not the best side of town. But he says he catches the first train that comes and then does a transfer later at a better station. He has a free pass on his student i.d. so he rides it all for free. School is going well, keeping him busy.

Things this month have been good for me. I had fun at a Super Saturday a couple of weeks ago. I made some Christmas soap dishes and some sweet treats. Then they had lunch it was fun. I also had a fun girls weekend with three of my good friends this past weekend. We went up to Estes Park on Friday and then got back Saturday night. I arranged a sitter for Friday because we left around 4:00 and then we got there and checked into the hotel. Not the same one we stayed at when we were there. This one was much nicer. We then went out to eat and then just visited that night in the hotel. Things quiet down up there after dark. The next day we got ready and went window shopping. Then had some hamburgers and fries and then went on a walk. We saw some elk because no trip would be complete to Estes without some elk sightings. Then we drove down the mountain (no one threw up) and made it back to my fri ends stake center in time for the women's conference. We all had a great time, I recommend it to anyone who needs a little break.

The ultra sound is this Wednesday and we will be calling everyone to let them know what it is, if we can tell.

We will talk soon.

Love the Denver Nelson's

No comments: